Cefixime – 200 mg
Ofloxacain – 200 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Cefixime is a third generation cephalosporin antibiotic mainly used for the infections caused by bacteria such as pneumonia, bronchitis or gonorrhea. Ofloxacin is a synthetic second generation fluroquinine drug class of antibiotic
- Soft tissue infections
- Respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Surgical prophylaxis
- Typhoid fever
- Intra abdominal infections
Kexif O contains a combination of cefixime and ofloxacin. Ofloxacin inhibits nucleic acid synthesis of bacteria and cefixime inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis. Both the drug produces similar action. Cefixime is highly stable in beta lactamase enzymes and inhibits spreading of bacteria. Ofloxacin belongs to floroquinolone class helps in treatment of skin infections.
After oral administration it is well absorption and maximum serum concentration was achieved in two hours
The protein binding of the drug is about 65% for cefixime. Half life of ofloxacin is 9hrs.
Cefixime is excreted in unchanged form in urine in 24hrs. Serum t1/2 attains in 3 to 4hrs. Elimination of ofloxacin is through renal excretion. 4-8% of the drug is excreted through urine.
- Hypersensitive patients to antibiotics
- Allergic patients
- Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins and penicillins
- Prescribing drug in absence of infections can cause bacterial resistance
- Adequate hydration to the patients
- On prolonged treatment resistant occurs which causes increase in growth of the organism