Flavoxate Hydrochloride – 200 mg
Each box contain 10 blister packs of 10 tablets
Lavoxaf Tablet contains flavoxate hydrochloride. It is a muscle relaxant which is having antimuscuranic and anticholinergic activity. It produces its direct action on smooth muscle.
- In dysuria (pain during urination)
The drug produces its action by relaxation of the smooth muscle present in bladder. It produces its antagonist action on both receptors and causes the reduction in the tone of smooth muscle of bladder and reduces the void which causes improved retention and facilitating increased volume per void.
After oral administration the drug counteracts smooth muscle of urinary tract and exerts its direct action on smooth muscle.
The drug is well distributed, the initiation of action is about 55min and peak plasma concentration is achieved in 112 min.
About 57% of the drug is excreted in urine in 24 hrs.
- Patients with pyloric and duodenal obstruction
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- Uropathies of lower urinary tract
- In pregnant and lactating mothers
- Not safe when used for paediatric patients