Sodium Picosulphate – 5 mg
Each Outer carton contain 100 ml bottle
Laxocip oral solution contains sodium picosulphate. It is a stimulant laxative which acts on muscles of intestinal mucosa and nerve plexes which the secretion of electrolyte and water. It is used to prepare large bowel for colonoscopy or surgery.
- To prepare large bowel for colonoscopy
- Intestinal surgery
The drug after administration is hydrolysed by the intestine through bacteria. This causes direct action on colonic mucosa which in turn causes colonic peristalsis.
The drug after oral administration is absorbed by the walls of the intestine and it is directly converted to its active form with the help of bacteria present locally in the intestine.
The drug is well distributed after converting into active form in the intestine and causes peristalsis. It doesn’t involve hepatic enzymes.
The drug is excreted in urine
- Patient with improper renal function
- Gastrointestinal obstruction
- Can cause vomiting or dehydration to some patients
- Can cause clonic seizers with electrolyte imbalance
- Renal impairment
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Only to be used under the prescription of doctor