Ofloxacain – 200 mg
Each box contain 10 Blister strips of 10 tablets
Nicaxo-200 contains ofloxacin. Ofloxacin is a synthetic antibiotic which belongs to second generation of fluoroquinolones class. It is a racemic mixture of 50% of the levofloxacin and 50% dextrofloxacin.
- Drug resistant bacteria
- Severe infections caused by susceptible organisms
- Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Skin and skin structure infections
Ofloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic. It is active against gram positive and gram negative bacteria. It causes inhibition of DNA gyrase and topoisomerase and topoisomerase IV. These enzyme are required for separation of replicated DNA, this causes inhibition of bacterial cell division.
After administration of the drug it is well distributed into the body. The bioavailability of the drug is about 98%. The drug shows dose dependent response.
The drug is distributed well into the body fluids with mean plasma concentration was 0.8 to 1.5 times the plasma level.
About 65%-80% of the administered dose is excreted in unchanged form in urine.
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Allergic reactions
- Hypersensitivity to quinolone group of antibiotics
- Use without infections can cause bacteria resistance
- Adequate hydration is required to reduce the risk of concentration of the drug in urine.
- Cautiously administered in patients with hepatic or renal functions.
- Proper laboratory analysis should be made during therapy