Rabeprazole Sodium – 20 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Razoba-20 contains rabeprazole in enteric coated form. It is an antiulcer drug under the class of proton pump inhibitor. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used for the treatment for excessive gastric acid.
- Symptomatic relief of erosive or ulcerative GERD
- Reduces heart burn symptoms
- Day and night term heart burns associated with GERD
- Relief in duodenal ulcer
- Combination with antibiotic is a drug regimen for the treatment of infections associated with H.pylori
- Treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
It is an antisecretory drug which is histamine H2 receptor antagonist properties. It suppresses antagonist properties and causes suppression of gastric acid secretion by inhibiting the proton pump in parietal cells. It blocks the final step of acid secretion. It gets protonated and transferred to active ingredient sulfenamide.
The absolute bioavailability is 52%
About 93.6% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. Rabeprazole follows hepatic metabolism
It is eliminated in urine in its metabolite form.
- Hypersensitivity to rabeprazole which include
- Anaphylaxis, prophylaxis
- Shock, angioedema, bronchospasm
- Combinations with antibacterial drug
- Acute intestinal nephritis
- Long treatment cause effect on cyanocobalamin
- Clostridium difficile associate diarrhea