Loratadine – 10 mg
Each box contain 25 Blister strips of 10 Tablets
Loratadine is a second generation histamine antagonist drug which is mainly used to treat allergies. It is closely related to tricyclic antidepressant and is related to atypical antipsychotic quetiapine. It is non sedative properties. It is off-white powder which is not soluble in water. It reduces the effect of natural chemical histamine in the body. Loratadine is used to treat the symptoms of allergies, such as sneezing, watery eyes, and runny nose. It is also used to treat skin hives and itching in people with chronic skin reactions.
- Allergic symptoms
- Nasal and non-nasal symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Treatment of chronicidiopathicurticaria in pediatric patients
- Mild to moderate pain from headaches
- Attenuates the itching associated with Kimura’s disease
Loratidine acts on free histamine and exhibits specific peripheral H1 antagonist activity. This blocks the action of histamine and causes relief of negative symptoms occurs by histamine. It has low affinity for cholinergic receptor and has no alpha-adrenergic blocking activity. It suppresses the release of histamine and leukotrienes from mast cells.
It gets rapidly absorbed by the body after oral administration with bioavailability about 40%
97-99% of the drug is protein bound and metabolism is through CYP 450
In urine and feces the drug is excreted in the form of metabolites.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to this medication
- Hepatic and renal impairment
- In nursing mothers because drug passes into the breast milk