Ketorolac tromethamine – 10 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Rotek tablet contains Ketorolac trometamine. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which is mainly used for the treatment of severe acute pain. It is not indicated for its use in paediatric patients.
- Manages moderate to severe pain
- Provides temporary relief in ocular itching
- In post operative inflammation in case of cataract eradication
Ketorolac trometamine is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which produces its action by causing inhibition to COX-1 and COX-2 which in turn causes inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis. It also produces analgesia by causing block to the site through which there is a generation in pain impulse, which is a result of decreased prostaglandin level.
After oral administration the drug is 100% absorbed. The absorption of the drug is reduced by high fatty food intake.
The drug after oral administration is well distributed in the body with volume of distribution about 18 liters. Nearly about 99% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. The metabolism of the drug is through liver.
The excretion of the drug and its metabolites is through urine. About 6% of the drug is through feces.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- Use of topical NSAIDs slow down the healing
- NSAIDs causes increased in bleeding time
- Teratogenic effects are shown in pregnant patients
- In nursing mothers
- Not recommended for pediatric use