Lactic Acid Bacillus – 150 million Spores
Each box contain 25 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Ticflo tablets contains Lactic acid bacillus in dispersible form.
Lactic acid bacillus
It is a gram positive facultative anaerobic or microaerophillic rod shaped bacteria. These bacteria belong to lactic acid as these bacteria convert lactose and other sugar to lactic acid. These are present in vagina and GI tract in which they form small portion of gut flora.
- Helps in maintaining the acidic environment in the body which causes prevention of growth of bacteria
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Diarrhea caused by antibiotics
- Healthy gut
- Replenishes good bacteria
It creates an environment which is unfavorable for the potentially pathogenic fungi or bacteria by causing production of lactic acid. It favors the establishment of an aciduric flora which causes the suppression of growth of pathogenic micro-organism. This helps in re-establishment of normal intestinal flora.
After oral administration it is less absorbed
It is locally distributed mainly in colon
It is excreted through feces
- Critically ill patients may report bacteraemia, endocarditis and meningitis
- Short bowel syndrome due to gut integriety
- Hypersensitivity to lactose or milk
- Lactobacillus preparation not to be used in patients with hypersensitivity to lactose or milk
- Patients with central venous catherters