Levosulpride – 25 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Ultiride-25 contains levosulpiride which is a substituted benzamide which exerts its effect on central as well as peripheral nervous system. It produces its effects by acting as prokinetic drug which is useful in irritable bowel syndrome, gastroesophageal reflux diseases etc.
- Chronic Gastritis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Zollinger Ellison Syndrome ( Hyper Secretory Conditions )
- Duodenal Ulcers
Levosulpiride is selective and mainly exerts its effects as dopamine D2 antagonist. It produces its prokinetic effect by blocking the dopamine D2 receptor. It also produces its action by acting as agonist at 5- HT receptor. It enhances the therapeutic activity in gastro-intestinal disorder.
After administration the oral bioavailability of the drug is 30%. The peak plasma concentration is achieved after 3 hrs.
The metabolism of the drug is through liver.
The drugs follows renal excretion ( in urine ). The plasma half life of the drug is 9.7 hrs.
- In patients with gastro-intestinal bleeding
- In manic and epileptic patients
- Cardiac impairment
- In pregnant and lactating patients
- Drug can cause difficulty in drive or operation of any kind of machinery