Acebrophylline – 100 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Ventace contains acebrophylline. It is a xanthine derivative. It is a bronchodilator which is used for the treatment of bronchial asthma. It produces its action by causing alteration in mucus secretion by lowering the viscosity of the mucus. It is also helpful in mucociliary clearance.
- Anti-inflammatory agent
- In obstructive airway disease
- Acute or chronic bronchitis
- Asthma like bronchitis
- Improves indexes of ventilatory function
Acebrophylline produces its action by inhibiting phospholipase A and phosphatidycholine which causes lesser production of powerful pro-inflammatory substances. It reduces inflammation by inhibiting the synthesis and release of inflammatory mediators and helps in airway obstruction.
After oral administration the drug is well absorbed
After oral administration the drug is released in the stomach in two forms i.e ambroxol and theophylline which is absorbed in intestine. The C max is attained within 2hrs. The plasma life is 4 to 9hrs. The metabolism of the drug is through liver.
The drug is excreted through kidney
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- Patient with acute myocardial infarction
- Hemodynamic instability
- Renal and hepatic disease
- Not to be used in hypotensive patients
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Cardiac insufficiency
- GI disturbances
- Hepatic and renal disorder