Deflazacort – 1 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Zolfa 1 tablets contain deflazacort. It is a glucocorticoid which is used as anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant. It is an inactive drug which is becomes active by metabolism to 21-desacetyldeflazacort.
- Anti-inflammatory conditions
- Immunosuppressant (For treatment of autoimmune diseases)
- Treatment of rejection of transplanted organs
- Certain types of cancer
It produces its action by preventing the release of chemicals which are important in immune system. These are mainly involved immune and allergic responses which causes inflammation. By reduction in those responses inflammation is reduced. It also decreases white blood cells which are circulating in blood. It also decreases the inflammation chemicals.
After oral administration it is well adsorbed. After absorption it is converted by plasma esterase to its pharmacological active compound by peak plasma concentration achieving in 1.5 – 2hrs.
Nearly about 40% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. It binds to plasma protein and blood cell. It does not cross blood brain barrier and not pass through pituitary circulation.
The elimination of the drug is through kidney. About 70% of the drug is excreted through urine. 30% of the drug is excreted in feces.
- Patients taking immunosuppressant vaccine
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- Patient with the history of adrenal suppression or infections
- Recent heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Corneal damage
- Peptic ulcer
- During pregnancy and breast feeding
- Avoid long term use of medicine
- Increased eye pressure
- Can cause increased risk of confusion, irritability and nightmares
- Kidney impairment
- Hepatic failure
- Mood changes
- Suicidal thoughts