Fexofenadine Hydrochloride – 120 mg
Each box contain 10 Blister strips of 10 tablets
Fenexia 120 tablet contain fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is third generation anti-histamine which has ability to pass through blood brain barrier. It also causes sedation.
- Seasonal allergic symptoms which includes sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat, or itchy, watery eyes
- Hives and skin itching
- Decrease allergy symptoms
It produces its action by competing with free histamine for binding at H-1 receptor which is present in GI tract and bronchial smooth muscle. This causes blocking of actions of endogeneous histamine and produces relief in negative symptoms caused by histamine.
After oral administration it is about 33% absorbed in the body
About 60-70% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. The metabolism of the drug is through cytochrome P450 3A4 and by intestinal micro flora.
The drug is excreted through feces and urine. The elimination half life is 14.4hrs.
- Hypersensitivity to fexofenadine or any of the ingredient present
- Rare cases of hypersensitivity reactions with manifestations such as angioedema, flushing, dyspepsia and chest tightness.
- In pregnant patients
- Co administration with other drugs
- Allergic to any other conditions